Canada Dependent Visa (or) Spouce Visa

Awesome Image

Sponsor your spouse, partner, or child to Canada:

If you are a Citizen or Permanent Resident, you can sponsor your eligible family members like spouse, partner, and dependent children to become permanent residents of Canada.

When you sponsor and apply for a Canada Dependant visa, you should prove, you have enough funds to take care of and you will not take Canadian government social assistance.

Fee: Spouse- $1,050. For Child $150

Processing time: about 12 months - varies by country

Who is eligible to sponsor their spouse, partner, or child for a Canada Dependant Visa?

You can sponsor your spouse or dependent child
  •  Your age should be 18 years
  •  You must be a Citizen of Canada or PR holder of Canada
  •  If you’re living in India and you are a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, you must show your plan to live and settle in Canada, to become permanent residents.
  •  If you are living outside Canada, you cannot sponsor anyone to become a permanent resident.
  •  You have to prove you are not receiving social assistance from Canada Government.


  •  As a sponsor, you must promise you will take care of the dependant’s financially, and you also should give an undertaking.
  •  You must commit to an undertaking
  •  You will provide financial support for your family members, from the day they become permanent residents
  •  In the sponsorship agreement, you must mention you will take care of their basic needs and responsibilities of your dependents.
  •  The dependants you sponsor should make every effort to support themselves and their family members

Income requirements:
  •  The sponsor has to meet the income requirement to sponsor the partner in most of the cases.
  •  The applicant has to show evidence, he has enough money to take his partner and child.
  •  The sponsor has to meet Quebec’s immigration sponsorship requirements and sign the undertaking.

Who can’t sponsor their spouse, partner, or child for a Canada Dependant visa?
  •  To be eligible to sponsor, sponsor you to have to be age above 18 years.
  •  You cannot sponsor your spouse or partner to become a permanent resident if you are living outside Canada.
  •  You cannot sponsor a person if you are not a citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
  •  You cannot sponsor a person to become a permanent resident if the sponsor is on a temporary resident visa or on Visiting visa or studying or working, or on a work permit visa.
  •  You may not be eligible to sponsor, if you were sponsored by your partner and you became a permanent resident less than 5 years back.
  •  Since you are still responsible financially for your previous spouse that you have sponsored, you cannot sponsor for 3 more years
  •  You may not be eligible to sponsor your spouse, child, parent, because they have already applied for the visa and the decision is pending.
  •  You cannot sponsor a person for a Canada Dependant visa if you are in jail, prison, or penitentiary.
  •  You cannot sponsor a person if you have declared bankruptcy and not discharged.
  •  You cannot sponsor a person if you are receiving assistance for a reason other than a disability.
  •  You cannot sponsor a person, if you are convicted of attempting, threatening to commit, or committing a violent criminal offense against a relative or any sexual offense.

Who you can sponsor for a Canada Dependant visa:
  •  Sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, or dependent children.

  •  You can sponsor your spouse – of either sex, who is legally married and the age should above 18 years.

  •  The common-law partner is legally married (either sex) age should be above 18 years.
  •  You should be living together for at least 12 months continuously in the conjugal relationship without any long periods apart.
  •  You can choose to end the relationship and inform the Canada High Commission.
  •  To sponsor a common-law partner you should provide evidence for the continued relationship.

  • YOUR CONJUGAL PARTNER (same-sex partner)-
  •  You must be legally married or in a common-law relationship with you.
  •  You can be of either sex and age should be above 18 years.
  •  You should be in a relationship with you for at least 1 years and live outside Canada.
  •  You have to provide evidence, that you are married and you have a Conjugal relationship.

  •  You can sponsor your Dependent children if their age below 22 years and they are not married.
  •  You can also sponsor your dependent children age above 22 with specific conditions, such as
  •  They are unable to support themselves financially because of their mental health or physical health condition.
  •  They should also prove, they are depending on their parents financially since before 23 years.

You can sponsor your dependent child if they qualify for a Canada Dependant visa:
  •  You cannot sponsor a child who is already a Canadian citizen.
  •  In case you have not sponsored your spouse and you want to sponsor your child, your child will be treated as a Principal applicant and your spouse or legal guardian has to agree for your child immigrating to Canada.
  •  The child you want to sponsor has a child (your grandchild) you can sponsor your grandchild in the application.
  •  It is possible to sponsor a child who is an orphaned family member or adopted child.
  •  If you are sponsoring your spouse and a child, (own child or child you had together), your spouse will become the primary applicant and the child become dependent on the application.
  •  The child you want to sponsor has a child, you can also sponsor the grandchild as a dependant in the application.
  •  You need to provide all the evidence for Canada dependent visa, like medicals, Biometric, etc.
  •  Contact Visa Cart who are doing Canada dependant visa processing for over 2 decades, they can help you with the samples and provide how to collect all the evidence, and assist you to get Canada dependant visa.
  •  To apply for Canada dependant visa you need to submit the package of an application and also provide evidence, then only you will be able to get Canada dependent visa.
  •  In case if Canada High commission requests further documents during the process, you must upload those documents.
  •  If your Canada dependant visa is refused after processing, you will not get back the application fee paid by you.
  •  In case if you withdraw the Canada dependant visa application, except 75CAD you will get a refund of the fee.
  •  In case if your Canada dependant visa is refused, either you can reapply carefully using the assistance of Visa Cart.
  •  If you approach Visa Cart after the refusal of your Canada dependent visa, we will assist you for reapplication or for appeal.


  •  Collect checklist of documents from Visa Cart
  •  Gather all the documents
  •  Fill the required Application package
  •  Pay your application Fees
  •  Submit your application

Choose the right competent consultant for your visa:

  •  If you do not want to spoil your case reputation or if you do not want to take chances with your visa, take the assistance of reputed experienced consultants like Visa Cart.
  •  They are experts and handled several refusal cases. Chose a consultant who has the competency to apply and who is capable of doing justice to your case.
  •  Do not choose a consultant who charges less. The success of the visa depends on your discovery of choosing the right competent consultant.


Documentation required for sponsoring a dependent under the Canada Dependent Visa:
  •  Passport
  •  Applicant documents
  •  Sponsor documents
  •  Evidence of funds documents
  •  Marriage certificate
  •  Evidence of relationship documents
  •  Completed application
  •  Canada High commission fees
  •  Biometrics