Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)

Awesome Image
Saskatchewan Overview:
  •  Invites residency applications from non-Canadians who want to make Saskatchewan their home
  •  Nominates successful applicants to the federal government for permanent residency in Canada

The SINP is only one of the steps toward becoming a permanent resident in Saskatchewan. All approved applicants should also apply for residency through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Canadian Immigration Commission.

SINP offers applicants:
  •  Competitive application processing times
  •  Assistance from provincial immigration officers who can explain prerequisites
  •  The Government of Saskatchewan makes the final choice on SINP nominations. At the point when successful candidates apply for permanent resident status with IRCC, they'll be identified as SINP nominees.
  •  You can apply to the SINP if you meet the eligibility criteria. Be certain to complete accurate applications and provide valid documentation.

Important Information:

As an applicant, you can choose to work with an immigration consultant. However, no immigration consultant is given an immigrant quota from the Province of Saskatchewan.

Program Categories:
Three SINP program categories you can apply to:
  •  International Skilled Worker:  for skilled workers who want to work and live in Saskatchewan.
  •  Saskatchewan Experience:  for foreign nationals who already live and work in Saskatchewan.
  •  Entrepreneur and Farm:  for those who plan to start a business or buy and operate a farm in Saskatchewan.

International Skilled Worker: Occupation In-Demand:

    This sub-category is for skilled workers who:
  •  Don't have a job offer in Saskatchewan but are exceptionally skilled in an in-demand occupation.
  •  Meet the criteria. Criteria can change at any time, but we will utilize what was on this website when we originally got your application.


To be eligible, you should pay a non-refundable $350 application charge online by Visa or MasterCard. It is the last advance in order to submit your application.

You may qualify if:
  •   You live outside of Canada or have proof of legal status in Canada
  •   Are not a displaced person claimant
  •   Score a minimum of 60 points out of 110 on the SINP point assessment grid
  •   Have a language score of at least 4 – Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4
    •   Some employers may ask for language scores that are higher than CLB 4
  •   Have completed post-secondary education, training or apprenticeship that's comparable to that in Canada
  •   Have earned a diploma, certificate or degree
    • For education outside of Canada, you should submit an educational credential assessment (ECA) from a designated organization (See IRCC's rundown of approved organizations)
    • Individuals who have completed trades or job training as part of their secondary school education should instead apply for Saskatchewan licensure (See Regulated Occupations and Licensing Requirements)
  •   Have work experience that is high skilled and not on the Excluded Occupation List
    • You should have a minimum of one year of full-time (minimum 30 hours out of each week) paid work experience in a skilled occupation over the past 10 years related to your field of education. Your work experience should be in a high skilled occupation (NOC "0", "A" or "B") that is considered to be in-demand in Saskatchewan at the hour of your application. Please see Occupations In-Demand and Express Entry Occupation Requirements for more information.
  •   Your work experience should be related to your occupation and education
    • See SINP Requirements Related to Professional Status or Licensure for more information
  •   You may need to provide proof of Professional Status or of eligibility for Licensure
    • See Occupations In-Demand and Express Entry Occupation Requirements for more information
    • You should include all required documents in your application. Missing documents will bring about your incomplete application being returned. Your application charge won't be refunded.
  •   Have proof of settlement funds and a settlement plan

To apply for this sub-category, you should submit an Expression of Interest (EOI). In the event that you successfully submit an EOI, you will be entered into the EOI pool of eligible candidates. Not all candidates who submit an International Skilled Worker EOI will be invited to apply to the SINP.

The points scores associated with an EOI profile will determine the likelihood of receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA). Those with high scores within the pool of candidates will have a greater chance of being invited to apply. Once you are invited to apply, you will be required to provide proof to support the EOI points that you claimed. To remain eligible for a nomination you should meet the minimum points of the EOI Selection through which you received your ITA.

In case there are grounds to believe that an applicant and/or their representative have provided false information on an EOI profile or application to increase their points score, then, at that point our Program Integrity Unity (PIU) will undertake an investigation for misrepresentation. On the off chance that misrepresentation is found to have taken place, the applicant may be suspended from using the SINP for two years (or more, in the case of a repeat offense).

What is an International Skilled Worker Expression of Interest (EOI)?

An International Skilled Worker EOI isn't an application to the SINP.

An International Skilled Worker EOI is a pre-application process which allows candidates to round out a form to indicate their interest in applying to the SINP.

Not all candidates who submit an International Skilled Worker EOI will be invited to apply to the SINP. There are no cutoff points on the number of candidates who can submit an EOI. Candidates can only have one EOI profile.

For assistance on how to create your EOI profile, please see the EOI OASIS Guide.

Who Cannot Apply Through the International Skilled Worker Category: Occupation In-Demand?

Refugee claimants in Canada claiming refugee status from the Government of Canada cannot apply.

You may not be eligible if any of the following situations is valid:

  •  You failed to submit documentation as requested by SINP
  •  You failed to show that your intent to live and work in Saskatchewan is genuine
  •  You and/or your representative have not been honest in the application

Assessment Rating

You should score a minimum of 60 points out of 110 points on the Point Assessment Grid to be considered for nomination.

You are awarded points on the basis of five factors:

  •  Education and training
  •  Skilled work experience
  •  Language ability
  •  Age
  •  Connections to the Saskatchewan (job market and family)

You should attach documents to support the eligibility criteria and points factors.For example, in the event that you claim 20 points for having a college degree, you should attach a copy of your college degree and complete transcripts.

In the event that your degree is printed in a language other than English or French, you should also attach a translated version.

Occupation In-Demand and Express Entry Occupation Requirements

The Occupations In-Demand (OID) and Express Entry (EE) programs are for those who have education and work experience in an in-demand occupation. Eligible occupations should fall under the following National Occupational Classification (NOC) Matrix levels:

NOC A: jobs that usually require college education

NOC B: jobs that usually require college education or apprenticeship training

NOC O: management

NOTE: NOC C and NOC D are not eligible for the Occupation In-Demand and Express Entry.